- A drop in the bucket? Christie's appraises Detroit's art - 2013-12-05
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts - 2013-12-03
- Emergency Manager Orr Comments on Detroit Bankruptcy Eligibility Ruling - 2013-12-03
- Judge Rules Detroit Eligible For Bankruptcy - 2013-12-03
- Detroit Bankruptcy Decision: LIVE COVERAGE - 2013-12-03
DETROIT -- The Office of Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr issued the following statement, through its spokesman Bill Nowling, in response to Robert Davis' latest baseless allegations:
"The emails mentioned by Mr. Davis show nothing more than the proper due diligence between the city, a potential vendor and a candidate for emergency manager. The notion that a Chapter 9 filing was a forgone conclusion is absurd. Kevyn Orr held more than 100 meetings with creditors, stakeholders and unions in the last three months before deciding that the best course for restructuring the city was to seek federal bankruptcy protection."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!