- 365 Black Awards to air on BET - 2013-08-15
- JOIN US SATURDAY WHEN THE TIGERS HONOR PAST AND PRESENT HISPANIC PLAYERS DURING EIGHTH ANNUAL ¡FIESTA TIGRES! CELEBRATION - 2013-08-01
- Today Is National Wing Day-Hosted By WingStop - 2013-07-29
- No Primary Election will be held in City of Southfield - 2013-07-19
- The Drink Linked To 25,000 U.S. Deaths A Year - 2013-07-18
Category: News Briefs - Original Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 10:16 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
Page 1 of 2
A Lincoln Park Checkers was forced to close and a Southfield McDonald's was the site of a strike after workers at both restaurants walked off the job Tuesday night. The Checkers was shuttered around 10:30 p.m.. The actions were part of the D15 campaign, which seeks a $15 hourly wage and for workers to be able to form a union without interference from employers.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!