- Real or ‘Humpty Dumpty’ Leadership? - 2013-10-30
- A Fall From Grace: Twitter Sounds Off About Kilpatrick Sentence - 2013-10-10
- Kwame Kilpatrick Sentenced to 28 Years - Did Race Play A Factor? (SURVEY) - 2013-10-10
- Feds Want Ex-detroit Mayor Kilpatrick, Ferguson To Pay $9.6m - 2013-10-08
- Christine Beatty/ESSENCE Exclusive: How Sexting Ended My Marriage - 2013-10-07
One day after being denied his bond request, being cited as a ‘flight risk”, Kwame Kilpatrick motion for a delay in sentencing was granted.
Kilpatrick's attorney, Harold Gurewitz, a successful motion requesting the sentencing date be extended 14 days or more in order for him to thoroughly review the case. Edmunds agreed to stall the sentencing date, previously set for Sept. 3, until 10:30 a.m. Oct. 10.
Consequently, co-defendant Bobby Ferguson sentencing was delayed also.
Bernard Kilpatrick, the former mayor’s father, was convicted on a single tax charge and faces up to three years in prison. His sentencing date was moved to Oct. 17.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!