- Zimmerman’s Attorneys Hit Him With $2.5 Mil Bill - 2013-12-02
- ‘12 Years a Slave:’ a harsh truth we dare not forget - 2013-12-01
- Zimmerman’s Attorneys Hit Him With $2.5 Mil Bill - 2013-11-29
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis On Racial Profiling: 'This Is Really Happening' - 2013-11-25
- Cop Admits He Made a Black Man Sing, Dance Like Chimp On Video - 2013-11-25
In a city where crime is high and Detroit Police officers are low, DPD is now looking to implement the controversial ‘Stop and Frisk’ tactics as a means to cut back on the crime epidemic in Detroit.
Last week, U.S. District Court Judge Shira Scheindlin ruled there that stop-and-frisk was unconstitutional in New York. Finding that city police intentionally discriminated against blacks and Hispanics when using stop-and-frisk.
DPD Assistant Chief, Erik Ewing released this statement:
Based on reasonable suspicion, the Detroit Police Department is already a stop-and-frisk policing agency. Detroit's population is mostly African American, so it stands to reason that a high number of African Americans will be stopped, based on reasonable suspicion. This is not racial profiling, just officers doing good constitutional police work.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!