- Judge Rules Detroit Eligible For Bankruptcy - 2013-12-03
- Mayor-elect Duggan to sell Goodfellows' newspapers downtown Monday morning - 2013-12-02
- MAYOR-ELECT MIKE DUGGAN TO RECEIVE 2013 NEWSMAKER OF THE YEAR AWARD - 2013-11-26
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Duggan Deserves Our Support To Lead City Back To Prosperity - 2013-11-13
The state board of canvassers will be in Detroit on Tuesday to officially certify the Detroit mayoral primary election.
This follows a motion to the Appeals Court Friday filed by Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette to have Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Joyce Draganchuk's temporary restraining order reversed.
Draganchuk's order was made Thursday and called for workers with the state Department of Elections to cease tabulations of uncounted write-in ballots from the city's contentious primary. A hearing on the order had been scheduled for Tuesday.
State canvassers will receive a summary report Tuesday on the write-in tabulations and certify the primary results.
Regardless of who the official primary winner is Benny Napoleon and Mike Duggan are still set to face off in the general election in November.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)