Gov. Rick Snyder and Treasurer Andy Dillon have been subpoenaed to give statements regarding the decision for Detroit to file for bankruptcy.
According to WILX:
WILX - Snyder is ordered to appear Sept. 17 at the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Council 25 office in Detroit. Dillon and Baird must appear Sept. 18.
The union claims state-appointed emergency manager Kevyn Orr has negotiated in bad faith while trying to restructure $18 billion or more in debt. A hearing is scheduled Tuesday on the state's motion to keep the officials from testifying.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)