- Real or ‘Humpty Dumpty’ Leadership? - 2013-10-30
- A Fall From Grace: Twitter Sounds Off About Kilpatrick Sentence - 2013-10-10
- Kwame Kilpatrick Sentenced to 28 Years - Did Race Play A Factor? (SURVEY) - 2013-10-10
- Christine Beatty/ESSENCE Exclusive: How Sexting Ended My Marriage - 2013-10-07
- Kilpatrick Defense Request 15 years - 2013-10-07
According to reports by the Detroit News, federal prosecutors wrote that in addition to years served, former Detroit Mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick and co-defendant Bobby Ferguson should pay 9.6 million in restitution.
“It is beyond question that the City of Detroit and its citizens were the clear cut victims of the defendants’ crimes,” federal prosecutors wrote.
U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds will determine the restitution amount when she sentences Kilpatrick on Thursday.
Kilpatrick still owes $854,063 in restitution under terms of a deal that resolved criminal charges in the text-message scandal in state court. Continue to Detroit News.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)