According to reports, Dan Gilbert, owner of Quicken Loans, Bedrock Real Estate and recently majority owner of Greektown Casino, now has another Detroit property in his sights.
According to Fox 2 News:
Dan Gilbert is considering a purchase of the National Theatre and Bates Garage, the properties are located in downtown Detroit on Randolph and Farmer.<.blockquote>
The News reported that Eric Larson, managing partner of Bedrock Real Estate Services, said Monday in an email:
“We have had conversations with the city about the National Theatre and are exploring options to preserve the architectural history and legacy it represents.”
No deal has been struck yet.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)