- Native Detroit Entertainer David Alan Grier to Perform At St. John Hospital Guild Dinner - 2013-05-23
- Television Pilot, Web Series Receive Film Incentives - 2013-05-23
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration - 2013-05-23
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot - 2013-05-23
- Shinola Brings Manufacturing Back to Detroit - 2013-05-22
Category: News Briefs - Original Published on Tuesday, 26 February 2013 09:34 Written by Britney Spear, Regional Content Editor
Who wouldn't want to hang out with their favorite Lions' players? Add in that you'd be rubbing elbows for a good cause, and what more could you ask for?
The team will host "Taste of the Lions" at Ford Field on May 7, 2013. It's an event based on the NFL's annual one that began in 1992 and has since raised $14 million.
Detroit's version of the occasion will feature 20 of Metro-Detroit's top restaurants. Chefs will offer up samples of signature plates and wine to guests. Attendees will also enjoy music and get the opportunity to meet-and-greet players, coaches, and alumni.
The event will begin with a VIP reception at 6 p.m. fully equipped with cocktails, tunes from Sugar House mixologists in the locker room, and early access to food. The reception will be followed by general admission at 7:30 p.m.
Proceeds from "Tastes of the Lions" will raise funds for local food banks. For more information and to stay updated, click here.
To find out more information on the NFL's "Taste" event click here.
Follow Britney Spear on Twitter @MissBritneySp
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)