- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
- 41st Annual Noel Night Dec. 7th - 2013-12-02
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Can Race Be Taken Out As A Factor In Renisha McBride Case? - 2013-11-19
Category: News Briefs - Original Published on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 09:37 Written by Britney Spear, Regional Content Editor
Is Detroit Tigers' player Miguel Cabrera looking to start a singing career?
Not exactly. But, a new video has gone viral that features Cabrera parodying one of pop superstar Rihanna's biggest songs.
"Get Back to the Diamond" is a collection of funny shots that show the player lip-syncing with highlights of him playing in the background. Cabrera goes on a whimsical adventure that is sure to make you laugh as he catches a wave and snorkels. Teammate Adam Jones also makes an appearance.
Giving nods to other MLB teams like the Mets and Rays, Cabrera ends the video with a smile and simple statement.
"It’s time to go to work."
Check out the video and let us know whether or not you think the sports star should keep his day job.
Follow Britney Spear on Twitter @MissBritneySp
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)