- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- We’d be wise to heed Pope Francis’ mission - 2013-12-03
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts - 2013-12-03
- Judge Rules Detroit Eligible For Bankruptcy - 2013-12-03
- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
Category: News Briefs - Original Published on Friday, 01 March 2013 09:14 Written by Britney Spear, Regional Content Editor
As the possibility of an emergency financial manager looms over the city, Detroiters have taken to social media to suggest potential candidates.
Lately, the Twitter world has been a buzz with residents throwing out the names of individuals they only wish would be sent to take over the local government.
Some of the requests have been unexpected, while others spur possible conspiracy theories.
Perhaps the most standout suggestion is former President Bill Clinton. Many would love to see the powerhouse politician pay a trip to the Mitten State to help its largest city resolve its biggest challenges.
Clinton may be known in infamy for narrowly escaping prison time, yet that doesn't stop residents from making him one of their top fantasy prospects.
Others have even joked that the Pope's resignation is a sign that Governor Snyder might have summoned the Vatican leader to another calling.
As Detroiters and the world alike watch the clock with anticipatication, social media users will undoubtedly continue to give suggestions for candidates they only hope would assume the role.
Friday at noon might still be too far away for some who early anticipate Governor Snyder's possible announcement. Until then, the ideas will continue to roll in on fantasy financial managers.
Who's your #dreamEFM?
Follow Britney Spear on Twitter @MissBritneySp
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)