Detroit Regional Chamber’s PAC Board Endorses Seven Candidates In The 2013 Detroit City Council Primary
Tuesday, the Detroit Regional Chamber's Political Action Committee (PAC) Board announced the endorsements of seven candidates in the August 6 primary for the Detroit City Council election in November.
"The City Council elections this fall will help set the tone as Detroit moves through one of the most critical periods in its history. Bringing the best possible field to voters is an important investment in Detroit's future," said Terence Thomas, chairman, Chamber PAC Board. "We're proud to endorse these candidates and believe they will work toward the sound public policy that drives growth while bringing about the change this city needs."
The City Council candidates receiving the Chamber's PAC endorsement for the primary include:
District 1: James Tate (Incumbent)
District 2: Rick Bowers
District 3: Scott Benson
District 4: Andre Spivey (Incumbent)
District 5: Adam Hollier
District 6: Vince Keenan
At-Large: Saunteel Jenkins (Incumbent)
Last week, the Chamber's PAC endorsed former Detroit Medical Center CEO Mike Duggan as a write-in candidate for the primary for the Detroit mayoral election in November. A list of the Chamber's primary endorsements can be found on www.detroitchamber.com.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)