- Televangelist Asks God For Military Takeover Of The U.S. Government - 2013-10-11
- 2013 South-South Awards Honor Global Leaders, Mandelas - 2013-09-23
- UPDATE: Mandela Discharged From Hospital, Still In Critical Condition - 2013-09-01
- Laila Ali Says Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Gave Their Daughter A ‘Stupid’ Name - 2013-08-02
- Dara Munson, President and CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Detroit, to be Recognized by Eastern Michigan University - 2013-07-24
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:55 Written by Lydia Polgreen/ New York Times
JOHANNESBURG — After four days in the hospital battling a lung infection, former South African president Nelson Mandela “is responding better to treatment,” President Jacob Zuma said in remarks to Parliament in Cape Town on Wednesday. “We are very happy with the progress that he’s now making, following a difficult few days,” Mr. Zuma said.
It was the first report of an improvement in Mr. Mandela’s condition since he was admitted to a hospital in Pretoria early Saturday morning after suffering a recurrence of a persistent lung ailment, a legacy of the tuberculosis he contracted during the 27 years he was imprisoned for opposing apartheid. His health has been frail lately, and the hospitalization is his fourth in the last seven months.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)