- Zimmerman’s Attorneys Hit Him With $2.5 Mil Bill - 2013-11-29
- Can Race Be Taken Out As A Factor In Renisha McBride Case? - 2013-11-19
- Girlfriend says Zimmerman pointed shotgun at her - 2013-11-19
- Renisha McBride and Other Black Women Need to be Defended - 2013-11-19
- George Zimmerman arrested in Florida - 2013-11-18
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 12:09 Written by Natasha Lennard/ Salon
The trial of George Zimmerman for the murder of Trayvon Martin has stalled as attorneys struggle to put together a jury with no preconceptions about the case. Since neighborhood watch enthusiast Zimmerman shot dead 17-year-old Martin in February 2012, media projections and public outrage have in turns framed Zimmerman as a racist killer, or Martin as a violent drug user prone to altercations. Both character assassinations enframe the way individuals who have heard about the story see the events of Feb. 26, 2012 having played out.
By the end of Tuesday, the attorneys had questioned 14 potential jurors in person, and more than 40 jury candidates had been dismissed after filling out a questionnaire. Only four candidates from a pool of hundreds were questioned in court on Monday.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)