- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts - 2013-12-03
- Emergency Manager Orr Comments on Detroit Bankruptcy Eligibility Ruling - 2013-12-03
- Judge Rules Detroit Eligible For Bankruptcy - 2013-12-03
- Detroit Bankruptcy Decision: LIVE COVERAGE - 2013-12-03
- Detroit Bankruptcy Ruling Coming - 2013-12-02
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Sunday, 23 June 2013 06:19 Written by Huffington Post
By Joseph Lichterman
DETROIT, June 21 (Reuters) - A Detroit official has dismissed as "lots of wild speculation" a story that Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr is considering the sale of the city's little-known collection of classic cars.
"There is no proposed plan to sell any asset owned by the city," Bill Nowling, Orr's spokesman, said in an email on Thursday.
That has not stopped heated debate over the prospect that Orr could approve the sale of assets, including works from the Detroit Institute of Arts, to satisfy the city's crushing debt obligations and avoid bankruptcy.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)