- Zimmerman’s Attorneys Hit Him With $2.5 Mil Bill - 2013-12-02
- ‘12 Years a Slave:’ a harsh truth we dare not forget - 2013-12-01
- Zimmerman’s Attorneys Hit Him With $2.5 Mil Bill - 2013-11-29
- Girlfriend says Zimmerman pointed shotgun at her - 2013-11-19
- Renisha McBride and Other Black Women Need to be Defended - 2013-11-19
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Monday, 24 June 2013 23:07 Written by News One
In perfect symmetry with the racist, flippant, insincere and insensitive rhetoric spewed by George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, his defense attorney, Don West, opened the closely watched trial with a knock knock joke.
Yes, a knock knock joke.
After telling the jury not to hold the comedy routine against Zimmerman if they felt it to be inappropriate, West laid on the cocktail party humor:
“George Zimmerman, who?”
“Alright good. You’re on the jury.”
When the joke was met with silence, West urged the jury to lighten up.
“Nothing?” asked West, skeptically. “That’s funny.”
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!