- 2013 DETROIT BLACK MUSIC AWARDS SPONSORSHIP BOOK - 2013-07-10
- George Fraser Donates $10K to Be Someone Foundation - 2013-07-03
- CHARLOTTE FILMMAKERS LAUNCH FEATURE FILM ABOUT ABSENTEE DADS IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY - 2013-07-02
- African American Adolescents... from one teen to another - 2013-06-27
- Fathers can help sons avoid trouble, even if they aren't under the same roof - 2013-06-26
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 09:43 Written by H. Lewis Smith/ Black News
Page 1 of 2
On Monday, July 1, 2013, CNN aired the special program "N-word vs 'Cracker': Which Is Worse?" hosted and moderated by Don Lemon. The segment stemmed from the George Zimmerman trial, coming as a result of the prosecution's star witness' claim that the late Mr. Trayvon Martin told her a "creepy ass 'cracker'" was following him just moments before his life was unrightfully taken. The defense attorney deftly took what Trayvon Martin was purportedly to have called Zimmerman - a "creepy ass cracker" - and successfully turned it into reverse racism. The use of the term "cracker" caused a fast and furious fallout throughout White America, raising the question over which term is most offensive - cracker or n**ger - and prompting the discussion of what is racism?
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!