Category: RTM News Reel Published on Monday, 22 July 2013 10:15 Written by Kevin Conlon and AnneClaire Stapleton, CNN
Page 1 of 2
An initial investigation shows no sign of foul play in the death of a woman who fell from a roller coaster at Six Flags Over Texas, authorities said Saturday.
"At this point of the investigation, it does not appear there was any foul play or criminality associated with this tragic incident," according to a statement released by the Arlington Police Department.
Six Flags confirmed that a woman died Friday while riding the Texas Giant roller coaster, but did not provide further details.
"Since the safety of our guests and employees in our number one priority, the ride has been closed pending further investigation," the theme park said in a statement.
Witnesses: Woman fell off roller coaster
Park medical staff and local paramedics responded immediately to the scene, the park said.
Gabe Flores said he was next in line at the amusement park.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)