- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds To DJ Khaled’s Marriage Proposal - 2013-07-29
- 5 Memorable Moments From The 2013 BET Awards - 2013-07-01
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO] - 2013-05-20
- Grammys new dress code - Cover up ladies - 2013-02-09
- Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey Have Altercation On ‘Idol’ Set - 2012-10-03
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Thursday, 25 July 2013 22:46 Written by News One
Super producer DJ Khaled, known for screaming ‘We the best!” over some of the hottest tracks in the rap game, surprised, well, pretty much everyone by proposing to rap vixen Nicki Minaj on MTV.
The A-list hit-maker popped the question in dramatic fashion with a $500,000, 10-karat diamond ring from Rafaello & Co. in Manhattan’s legendary diamond district.
Khaled laid his heart on line, unforgettable declaring his love for all to see:
“Nicki Minaj, I’m at MTV. I love you. I like you. I want you. I want you to be mine. I’m here at MTV because it’s a worldwide network. Only reason I’m not telling you this face to face is because I understand that you’re busy. I’ma be honest with you, I wanna marry you.
I’m here today at MTV. Nicki Minaj, will you marry me? We got the same symptoms, we both suffer from success. You out there touring, you’re out there hustling, you’re out there making music and you’re out there winning. And I understand. That’s why I feel like you need a man like me in your life that’s gon’ take care of you and respect you. If you have to take your time and think about it, I overstand. But I know I have to be here today to let you know how serious I am and how serious this is to me. I want to let your fans know, my fans know, my family, your family, that I want to marry you. I been working hard for this ring. I would have proposed to you last year at “Take It To The Head” video. I wanted to tell you, but you know, things got better for me. I prepared for this day, so I went and got this ring. Nicki Minaj, will you marry me?”
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)