Category: RTM News Reel Published on Thursday, 19 September 2013 10:31 Written by News One
The ruling was based on a case involving a 65-year-old man who was caught masturbating on a public beach. The man was reportedly charged with sexual assault but was acquitted by a district court, stating that his self-pleasuring act was for his own enjoyment and involved no one else.
The ruling was enough to clear him of the sexual assault charge, but it is still unclear if his action remains in violation of other statutes in Sweden. “With that [ruling],” prosecutor Vrethammar told The Local, “we can conclude that it is OK to masturbate on the beach… [although] the act may be considered to be disorderly conduct.”
Dr. Liz Davis, a reader in Child Protection at London Metropolitan University who has researched Sweden’s child protection system, said she was taken aback by the public edict and told the Daily Mail, “Sweden has a really robust child protection system and very rigorous investigation around sexual abuse. So this judgement is surprising given that such an act could be witnessed by children as well as adults,” she points out.
Still, masturbation seems to be a pretty public occurrence in Sweden, as only a few months ago, there was a string of pervy crimes committed by a hooded humpster who is still on the loose. According to published reports, the unidentified man, or “cycle shagger” (pictured above) as he is more commonly referred to, enjoys masturbating on the seats of bicycles.
SEE ALSO: Antoine Dodson: I’m A Have A Baby–With A Woman!
- ^The Local (www.thelocal.se)
- ^Snoop Dogg Wins Massive Bag Of Weed After Betting On Floyd Mayweather Bout (newsone.com)
- ^a sexually progressive land (the-toast.net)
- ^Daily Mail (www.dailymail.co.uk)
- ^According to published reports (www.deathandtaxesmag.com)
- ^masturbating on the seats of bicycles (www.liveleak.com)
- ^Antoine Dodson: I’m A Have A Baby–With A Woman! (newsone.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)