Marlon Brown: Family Of Slain Fla. Man Release Video Of Him Being Run Over By Police [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Sunday, 22 September 2013 17:40 Written by News One
Marlon Brown, 38, of Deland, Florida was killed on May 8 when police officers ran him over in a patrol car and. Now his family has released the graphic video, hoping to receive justice, reports Huffington Post.
The family has been calling for an independent investigation after a grand jury determined last week that there wasn’t enough evidence to criminally prosecute James Harris, the officer driving the patrol car.
“On May 31, the chief of police reviewed the video of the incident. Upon reviewing, he determined the actions in the video did not meet our internal standards,” said DeLand Police Sgt. Chris Estes, who said Harris was fired the same day.
Through dash-cam footage, Harris can be heard saying, “I think he’s underneath the f*cking car.”
Brown was allegedly pulled over for not wearing a seat-belt and allegedly attempted to elude the officers when the incident occurred.
“And for what?” asked Crump. “An alleged seat belt violation. That’s why we were having this high speed chase?”
Crump is also the attorney forSybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, parents of slain Florida teen, Trayvon Martin, who was gunned down on February 26, 2012, by former neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman.
See dashcam footage below (TRIGGER WARNING: Violence, police brutality):
“Personally, this event has weighed heavily on me since it occurred,” DeLand Police Chief William Ridgway said in a statement. “It is always a tragedy when a human life is lost.”
The police department is currently conducting an internal investigation.
- ^Huffington Post. (www.huffingtonpost.com)
- ^Krystal Brown (www.nydailynews.com)
- ^Sybrina Fulton: Trayvon Martin’s Mom Speaks Out Against ‘Stop-And-Frisk ‘ [VIDEO] (newsone.com)
- ^Families Of Emmett Till, Trayvon Martin Bond In DC For Film Screening (newsone.com)
- ^Tracy Martin, Sybrina Fulton Respond To Zimmerman ‘Not Guilty’ Verdict (newsone.com)
- ^Medical Examiner In Zimmerman Trial Sues For $100M, Claims Prosecution Threw Case [VIDEO] (newsone.com)
- ^Video, 911 Call Released In Alleged George Zimmerman IPad Smashing (newsone.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)