- ‘NewsOne Now’: Ebony McMorris Covers Impact Of Nelson Mandela’s Death Around The world - 2013-12-06
- POTUS On Mandela’s Passing: ‘He No Longer Belongs To Us, He Belongs To The Ages’ - 2013-12-05
- After website woes, White House to push benefits of Obamacare - 2013-12-03
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan will continue effort to transition members and enroll new customers into ACA-compliant health plans - 2013-12-02
- The Irony: John Boehner Signs Up For Obamacare, Ends Up With Good Deal - 2013-12-02
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Thursday, 03 October 2013 15:11 Written by News One
Twenty one years ago today, Barack and Michelle Obama (pictured) exchanged wedding vows and it’s been “a love thang” ever since.
The President and his First Lady have celebrated a love that appears solid, happy and intended to go the final mile. Last year, President Obamatweeted, “I married the love of my life and my best friend,” and Mrs. Obama replied, “Thank you for being an incredible partner, friend, and father every day. I love you!” It is obvious that the pair are friends who have been there for each other through the good and bad, and their friendship is underscored by mutual respect, love for their two girls and genuine heartfelt emotion.
News One wants to share 21 sweet warm and fuzzy moments in the lives of Michelle and Barack Obama. Happy anniversary you two!
1) When Barack and his then girl, Michelle, went on their first date, he took her to a Baskin-Robbins ice cream parlor. When the pair stepped outside and sat on a curb to eat their respective cones, Barack leaned over and kissed Michelle. He says she tasted like chocolate! The Chicago’s Hyde Park shopping mall ice cream parlor where the first couple first kissed is now a Subway but is marked by a plaque.
2) Young and in love. The year was 1989, he had high aspirations of making his mark in the world and so did she; together they forged forward. Tenderonis indeed!
3) Why wait an eternity to put a ring on it? Barack and Michelle tied the knot on October 3, 1992, just three years after they met.
4) The addition of two little beauties, Malia Ann, born on July 4, 1998 (pictured left) and Natasha, born on June 10, 2001 (pictured right), cemented the love the Baracks had for each other.
5) The ascent into such a mighty political office does not happen overnight. So, As Barack began his political journey, Michelle, his “ride or die chick,” was always by his side. (the Obamas are pictured with the late Columbia University Professor Edward Said and Mariam Said at a May 1998 Arab community event in Chicago.)
6) Hitting that campaign trail for the U.S. Senate in 2004 was exhausting but the pair rode it out together and Obama won the senate seat in 1997 for the state of Illinois!
7) And so it began, the 2008 presidential campaign trail, side-by-side, they knew the road could be bumpy but the couple stayed the course and it paid off in a HUGE way!
8) “Solid, solid as a rock, that’s what this love is, that’s what we’ve got!”
9) “Oh, who cares. Let ‘em get an eyeful!”
10) The Obamas are on a mission to make positive changes in this country and are on a nonstop course together.
11) With such stressful jobs, a couple has to find time to laugh and this one does.
12) “I can’t believe this man STILL makes me blush!”
13) A couple that plays together, stays together. (pictured with Sasha)
14) Well alrighty now! A little alone time keeps those embers glowing.
15) Love is a lot like dancing: You just surrender to the music and these two would not disagree!
16) The Obamas keep it fun as the whispers can oftentimes be titillating.
17) “You roll your sleeves, I’ll roll up mine and we’ll work together and share the load” is the Obama’s credo.
18) Round 2! The 2012 presidential re-election. Michelle has got her man’s back whatever the weather! Trust!
19) It does not get better than this!
20) We are in it, to win it, all the way. Michelle and Barack ain’t going nowhere, their love is here to stay!
21) We’re always looking Presidential and this is what 21 years of love looks like.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!