Category: Urban Ed Published on Thursday, 25 July 2013 14:59 Written by D.L. Chandler/ News One Staff
Dr. Gregory Ellison's, a 36-year-old assistant professor of theology at Emory University, efforts to engage and enlighten young Black men are noteworthy considering the herculean task ahead of him: Dr. Ellison has launched a new program entitled the "Fearless Dialogues Community Empowerment Tour," which looks to work with youth leaders in the African-American community and and a team of expert consultants from the areas of education, law, healthcare, science, and technology, and the arts in order to implement strategies to give Black youth and men their voice and render them visible.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)