- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Category: Urban Ed Published on Monday, 12 November 2012 12:05 Written by HBCU Buzz
After stumping around Georgia and other states for President Obama, actress Keshia Knight Pulliam hosted a big fundraiser at SAKS in Atlanta for Spelman College.
Keshia graduated with a B.A. in Sociology and a concentration in film back in ’01, and joined forces with Spelman College Board Members to host a Fall Fashion Presentation and fundraiser at SAKS in Atlanta. She helped usher in a whopping million dollars for the all-women’s college.
The fundraiser attendees had a fabulous luncheon complete with a champagne toast and live auction. And it was all to raise $1 million in scholarship funds to benefit Spelman students who aren’t able to graduate due to financial hardships.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)