Category: RTM News Reel Published on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 11:03 Written by News One
SEE ALSO:W.Va. Democrats Skipping Obama Nomination
Chairman Patrick Leahy and ranking Republican Charles Grassley said the issues in the case are as important and consequential as any in recent court history.
In a letter to Chief Justice John Roberts, the senators said the court should be aware of the great interest Americans have in the outcome of the case. They also noted that millions of citizens would be able to view what only a few could see from the court’s limited public seating.
News organizations already have asked the court to allow cameras in the courtroom for the decision.
Tell us!Take Our Poll
What Mitt Should Tackle Next
Meet The Right’s New Bogeyman: N.Y.’s Charles Barron
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (1)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)