Category: RTM News Reel Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 11:01 Written by News One
RELATED:Marine Kenneth Chamberlain Killed By Cops, Case Goes Before Grand Jury
The lawsuit blames White Plains and eight members of its police department for excessive force, wrongful death and more in the November death of Kenneth Chamberlain Sr (pictured).
Watch Kenneth Chamberlain Sr.’s case here:
Police went to Chamberlain’s apartment in response to a medical alert signal. Family members say Chamberlain told officers he was OK, but police insisted on seeing him and forced their way in.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Police say Chamberlain came at them with a hatchet and a knife. He was hit with a stun gun, beanbags, and finally gunshots. One officer uttered a racial epithet.
A grand jury found no crime had been committed.
A call to the mayor’s office Monday was not immediately returned.
RELATED:White Cop Cleared In Shooting Of Black Ex-Marine [Video]
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)