Category: RTM News Reel Published on Monday, 16 July 2012 08:17 Written by News One
The FAMU board plans to meet for three hours Monday, where it will discuss the resignation and finding a successor.
One key decision could be whether or not Ammons is allowed to remain in control, even though his resignation doesn’t take effect until Oct. 11.
Ammons abruptly resigned last week despite surviving a no-confidence vote from FAMU trustees back in June.
Ammons has been under fire in the wake of the hazing death of drum major Robert Champion. Trustees have complained about lack of oversight of the famed Marching 100 band as well as lax management on other issues at the university.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)