Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 22:35 Written by News One
SEE ALSO:Frank Ocean Says First Love Was A Man
But we can certainly say his admission didn’t hurt sales as “Channel Orange” is pacing at No. 2 on the Billboard’s Top 200 Chart this week, the New York Daily News reports.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
The album has sold 131,200 units so far, according to Nielson/SoundScan. It includes several songs–most notably, “Forest Gump,”–that have verses speaking specifically to emotional and sexual attractions towards men.Though, Ocean has not formally come out as gay. Two days before his album dropped, he has this to say on his Tumblr page:“4 summers ago, I met somebody,” he wrote. “I was 19 years old. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. By the time I realized I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless. There was no escaping, no negotiating with the feeling. No choice. It was my first love, it changed my life.”While we salute Ocean’s bravery for opening up about his sexuality, we wonder whether his album–which is AWESOME by the way–would be doing so well had he not mentioned his sexuality two days before it was released?Sound off in the poll below!Take Our PollFRANK OCEAN BBC INTERVIEW
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)