Category: RTM News Reel Published on Monday, 23 July 2012 09:09 Written by News One
But, according to myfoxboston, that is exactly what happened. On Friday, 80-year-old Otilia Martins witnessed the two robbers demanding cash from the register at Continental Market that is owned by her daughter Maria Nogueria and son-in-law, Manny. Without hesitation, she began pelting the robbers with apples and mangoes. Stunned, the would-be robbers tried in vain to stop the fruit-packin’ granny from bustin’ fruit bombs at them, so they aborted their heist and dashed for the door.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
But not before the robber behind the counter popped Martins over the head with his .38 caliber pistol.The robbers, Eduardo Torres-Lopez, 22, and Jesse DosSantos, 24, were both masked during the robbery attempt that was recorded on the store surveillance camera. They managed to take $500 bucks before running out of the store. But the cops cuffed them some 15 minutes later. The son-in-law ID’d them.Torres-Lopez and DosSantos were charged with assault and battery on a person over the age of 60, armed robbery and robbery while masked and carrying a dangerous weapon without a license.Martins suffered a cut on her head from the gun blow, but she will be just fine.Now that is one ride-or-die granny any family should want in their clan.WATCH 80-Year-Old Granny Pelt Robber With Mangos and Apples Below
- ^myfoxboston (www.myfoxboston.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)