Category: RTM News Reel Published on Sunday, 29 July 2012 20:02 Written by News One
Shellie Zimmerman, wife of admitted killer George Zimmerman, 28, has entered a plea of not guilty to perjury charges, reports the HuffingtonPost.com.
RELATED: George Zimmerman’s Wife Charged With Perjury, Released on $1,000 Bond
She will be arraigned Tuesday on the charge after Judge Ken Lester said she lied under oath about how much money had been collected via the website TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com to assist with funding her husband’s self-defense case.
See Shellie Zimmerman’s arrest warrant here.
As previously reported by NewsOne, Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda presented Judge Lester with a partial transcript of telephone conversations Zimmerman had with his wife from jail. Discussing the amount of money they had, Zimmerman spoke in code to tell his wife how to make fund transfers. The code referred to amounts of “$15″ in place of “$150,000.”
When Shellie Zimmerman was asked at the bond hearing how much money was raised from the website, she said, “Currently, I do not know.”
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Records proved that she knowingly transferred more than $85,500 from her bank account into her husband’s account. The affidavit also said that jail call records show that George Zimmerman instructed her to “pay off all the bills,” including an American Express and Sam’s Club card.
Shellie was arrested and released on $1,000 bond the same day.
“It was apparent that Zimmerman’s wife had lied under oath, and clear that Zimmerman does not properly respect the law.”
As previously reported by NewsOne, George Zimmerman, who killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on February 26, is reportedly staying in a safe house after being released a second time from custody after lying about his finances in his first bail hearing.
Liar! Zimmerman’s Lawyer Says Client Lied Because He Was Confused, Fearful
Good News! Zimmerman Back In Slammer
- ^HuffingtonPost.com. (www.huffingtonpost.com)
- ^George Zimmerman’s Wife Charged With Perjury, Released on $1,000 Bond (newsone.com)
- ^TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com (therealgeorgezimmerman.com)
- ^here. (thinkprogress.org)
- ^NewsOne (newsone.com)
- ^revoking his $150,000 bail (newsone.com)
- ^this to say (articles.orlandosentinel.com)
- ^NewsOne (newsone.com)
- ^Liar! Zimmerman’s Lawyer Says Client Lied Because He Was Confused, Fearful (newsone.com)
- ^Good News! Zimmerman Back In Slammer (newsone.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)