Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 08 August 2012 19:59 Written by News One
BET announced in May that Hall, who plays Derwin “Ding Dong” Davis, would not be returning to the hit series. He made it clear he really didn’t want to leave, but there was a scheduling conflict with his new Showtime series, “Ray Donovan.” Co-star Tia Mowry Hardrict made her exit to allegedly focus on her Style series “Tia and Tamara” with twin sister Tamera Mowry-Housley.
Speaking on the news with “The Breakfast Club,” Pooch said his return all hinged on BET:
“I can’t say what’s going on with BET, but Pooch Hall is ready,” he said. “I’m just going to tell the fans [to] have faith. It’s being worked out. I want to come back and don’t be surprised if I do come back.”
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Well, he’s coming back.
As previously reported by NewsOne, actress Lauren London has also joined the cast as “Kiera,” a former child star working on a Cosby-esque television show. Her love interest was supposed to have been played by newcomer Jay Ellis who was tapped to replace Hall’s character as #1 draft pick, “Blue,” a running back from an Ivy League school.
With Derwin back on the scene and Melanie presumably still in D.C. perusing her dreams, the dynamics of the upcoming drama are anyone’s guess.
Welcome back, Saber Country!
RELATED: Lauren London to Join Cast of BET’s ‘The Game’
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)