Category: RTM News Reel Published on Saturday, 11 August 2012 22:23 Written by News One
UPDATE: 11:02 A.M. EST:
Evelyn Lozada has been released from the hospital and is staying with friends, according to TMZ.
Chad Johnson has been arrested on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge after allegedly assaulting his new wife, Evelyn Lozada, after she found a receipt for condoms in their vehicle, reports NFL.com.
The couple were driving home from dinner when the discovery was made. The “Basketball Wives” star was treated at the scene for a “pretty good-sized” laceration after allegedly being headbutted by her husband, before being taken to the hospital, said Cpt. Dale Engle of the Davie, Florida Police Department.
Johnson, who recently signed with the Miami Dolphins playing wide receiver, claims they accidentally bumped heads.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
The receiver’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, had no comment about the arrest when reached by NFL.com and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
Johnson remains in custody and won’t be eligible for release until a bail hearing is set, which could be as late as Monday, Engle said.
A neighbor witnessed the altercation and called police.
Excited about the special day, Chad live-tweeted from the event:
The couple have been filming the much hyped reality show “Ev & Ocho,” which is scheduled to premiere September 3, 2012.
Read Johnson’s police report here:
- ^NFL.com. (www.nfl.com)
- ^Chad Johnson Police Report (newsone.com)
- ^NFL.com reports (www.nfl.com)
- ^Dolphins (www.nfl.com)
- ^the South Florida Sun Sentinel (www.sun-sentinel.com)
- ^NewsOne (newsone.com)
- ^Chad Johnson @ochocinco (twitter.com)
- ^Evelyn Lozada @EvelynLozada (twitter.com)
- ^@ochocinco (twitter.com)
- ^Ochocinco and Evelyn Lozada Married! (newsone.com)
- ^$2,500 Bond Set For Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson [VIDEO] (newsone.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)