Category: RTM News Reel Published on Monday, 13 August 2012 23:04 Written by News One
If you’re one those Black Americans who has asked yourself, “What has the Republican National Committee done for me lately?” look no further than their support of GOP presidential candidate, Mitt “Mittens” Romney, reports TalkingPointsMemo.com.
“The RNC has done very little since I left office to expand on the work that we had done in this area,” Steele said. “They’ve got a website, God bless them. It’s always good to put a website up with some black faces on it. Outreach.”
Oh no he didn’t, said the RNC with a neck swivel. Well, no, they didn’t really say that; but RNC spokesperson Kirsten Kukowski’s come back was equally ridiculous:
“We are reaching out to all Americans who know that the failed policies of the past three and half years need a change in direction by electing Mitt Romney, who has the experience and record to get our economy moving in the right direction,” she said.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
So not only was it discovered that they do not have the token Black faces on the website, the GOP is taking a card from the Obama playbook and claiming that Mittens will be the president for all Americans, not just Black people. Or maybe, Obama took a page from their handbook? We’re not sure, but whatever the case, know that the GOP cares about you. And they have the guy who said the following to the NAACP to prove it:
By the way, I had the privilege of speaking today at the NAACP convention in Houston and I gave them the same speech I am giving you. I don’t give different speeches to different audiences alright. I gave them the same speech. When I mentioned I am going to get rid of Obamacare they weren’t happy, I didn’t get the same response. That’s ok, I want people to know what I stand for and if I don’t stand for what they want, go vote for someone else, that’s just fine. But I hope people understand this, your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this, if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy-more free stuff. But don’t forget nothing is really free.
You would do well to remember your spokesman’s advice, RNC: Nothing is free, including — and especially not — the vote of intelligent Black Americans.
- ^TalkingPointsMemo.com. (2012.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- ^It’s Official: Romney Taps Paul Ryan As His Running Mate [VIDEO] (newsone.com)
- ^“Hip-Hop Hooray” (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- ^Mitt Romney’s NAACP Speech: He Wasn’t Even PRETENDING To Care (newsone.com)
- ^Opinion: Obama says he’s not ‘president of black America’ — turns out he’s right (thegrio.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)