Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 20:33 Written by News One
Chad Ochocinco Johnson is probably there.
After being arrested for a domestic violence dispute, during which his wife, Evelyn Lozada Johnson, claims that he head-butted her, he has been cut from the Miami Dolphins, his reality show, “Ev & Ocho,” was canceled, his wife filed for divorce, and now he’s losing endorsement deals.
First in line is Coconut water brand Zico.
“The Zico brand is about supporting naturally powered athletes,” the company said in a statement. “We partnered with Chad Johnson because of our great respect for what he has achieved on the playing field.
“However, in light of recent events involving Mr. Johnson, we have decided to terminate our relationship. The values we espouse, through our employees, our customers and our brand, are central to our mission. We have taken this proactive step to demonstrate just how important those values are.”
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
This news comes after his firing from the Dolphins was shown on national television during a clip of HBO’s reality NFL series “Hard Knocks.“
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)