Category: RTM News Reel Published on Sunday, 19 August 2012 12:00 Written by News One
The White House says the first lady’s visit Thursday is part of the administration’s outreach to the Sikh community after the Aug. 5 shooting.
A gunman killed six people attending Sunday services before killing himself. The gunman was associated with white supremacists and neo-Nazi groups. Investigators say they may never know for certain what prompted his attack.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
The first lady also plans to attend a campaign event.
While the president himself hasn’t traveled to Milwaukee after the shooting, Attorney General Eric Holder attended a memorial service.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)