- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- HealthCare.Gov Turns Corner With Healthy Sign-Up Numbers? - 2013-12-06
- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Preacher Accuses Obama of Assassinating Woman Killed In Capitol Shootout To Hide Love Child [VIDEO] - 2013-11-29
- Why is Obama Apologizing all the Time? - 2013-11-25
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Sunday, 09 September 2012 20:08 Written by News One
The 46-year-old, six-foot-three Republican gave Obama a bear hug, raising him off the ground as Obama marveled at the man’s strength – and enthusiasm.
Van Duzer owns the Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Italian Restaurant where Obama stopped on Sunday during a Florida bus swing. He also runs a foundation that helps collect blood for the ill; he has received White House commendations for his work.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
As he entered, Obama admired Van Duzer’s biceps, saying “Look at these guns!”
Said Obama: “The guy’s just got a big heart, along with big pecs.”
Of his embrace, Van Duzer said: “I was overwhelmed when I saw him.”
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!