- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Chad Johnson Responds To Ex-Wife Evelyn Lozada’s Pregnancy: ‘The Father Doesn’t Matter’ - 2013-12-06
- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Evelyn Lozada Reveals Pregnancy, Says She’s ‘Finally Truly Happy’ - 2013-12-05
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 12 September 2012 16:15 Written by News One
According to Broward County, Fla.’s State Attorney, former Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson has officially been charged with misdemeanor battery in the domestic violence incident with estranged wife, Evelyn Lozada, according to TMZ.
On August 13th, Johnson and Lozada reportedly got in to an argument over a condom’s receipt at their residence. During the argument, Johnson allegedly head butted Lozada on the forehead, which caused him to be arrested and Lozada to receive stitches.
Since the publicized melee, Johnson has suffered one misfortune after another, including being dropped from the Dolphins’ roster ON TELEVISION, having his alleged mistresses “confess” to adulterous relationships, and facing foreclosure.
If Johnson is convicted of the head-butt, he could face up to one year in jail.
Sound off!Take Our Poll
- ^according to TMZ (www.tmz.com)
- ^Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson Tweets Regrets (newsone.com)
- ^dropped from the Dolphins’ roster ON TELEVISION (newsone.com)
- ^confess” to adulterous relationships (newsone.com)
- ^facing foreclosure (newsone.com)
- ^filing for divorce (newsone.com)
- ^refused to sign the divorce papers (newsone.com)
- ^Take Our Poll (polldaddy.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!