- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- 6-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Carnival Cruise Line Pool - 2013-10-16
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Monday, 24 September 2012 13:05 Written by News One
A 24-year-old mother (in Clarksville, Tenn.) is charged with aggravated child abuse after her 1-year-old child shot himself in the hand.
According to a news release from the Clarksville Police, the shooting happened around 3:15 p.m. on Sunday. The gun had been left on a coffee table. When the child was unattended, he grabbed it and accidentally shot himself.
Deshana Lisenby (pictured) was booked into the Montgomery County Jail at 7:00 p.m. She was released on $5,000 bond.
The child was being treated for a non-life-threatening injury.
No phone number for Lisenby was listed in the phone directory.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)