- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 01:36 Written by News One
Nicki Minaj, or Roman Zolanski, or Barbie, couldn’t contain herself around the Queen Diva, Mariah Carey, and exploded at her on the ‘American Idol’ set. Both artists, along with Keith Urban, are new to the judges’ table this year, replacing Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez. Randy “The Dawg” Jackson and Ryan Seacrest are the only veterans left in the mix.
Sources say Nicki later threatened to “knock out” Mariah … but she said it before the video starts.
It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge’s table … with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.
We’re told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant’s performance.
Listen closely as you play the video … you’ll hear
Nicki Get this s**t in self control. Get in control. Get in control.
Randy Settle down, settle down
Nicki Don’t lose your head. Don’t lose your head (inaudible). Don’t tell me I’m a gangster.
Nicki (inaudible) every 5 minutes. So every time you patronize me, I’m-ma take it back, and if you’ve got a f**king problem, handle it.
Nicki I told them I’m not f**kin’ putting up with her f**king highness over there. Figure it the f**k out. Figure it out.
Nicki I’m not gonna sit here every f**king minute to have you come down and harass me every minute everyday.
See video below:
There have been reports that auditions were canceled for the day to give the two time to calm down. Allegedly, execs are concerned about the chemistry of the two stars over the course of the show. Seacrest says there is nothing to be concerned about:
“Nicki and Mariah, two very different, strong, powerful successful women on the panel — there are not too many dull moments between the two of them,” he told NBC’s Today on Sept. 18. “But at the end of the day, we all hug and laugh and go home and get ready for another day.
“They get along fine, but they’re strong and candid in their opinion.”
One thing is for sure, this promises to be one of the most interesting ‘Idol’ seasons yet. It’s just too bad that Simon has to miss it.
- ^TMZ reports (www.tmz.com)
- ^Permalink to: Lil Scrappy Cuffed In Atlanta For Parole Violation (newsone.com)
- ^Permalink to: Woman Arrested For Hiding 36 Vials Of Crack In Vajayjay (newsone.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!