- New procedure promises to permanently change your eye color - 2013-04-12
- Governor Snyder green lights rapid bus line - 2013-04-12
- New plan announced for Detroit public schools - 2013-04-12
- Michelle Obama takes violence in Chicago 'personal' - 2013-04-11
- Wayne County judge asks Michigan court to reject suspension recommendation - 2013-04-11
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Sunday, 14 October 2012 11:03 Written by News One
Lane says that when she got off work on September 18, she boarded a Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) bus being driven by Hughes. He allegedly thought she didn’t have the bus fare, while she claims that she just needed to find it. From there, words were exchanged and by all appearances, Lane struck Hughes while he was driving the bus.
This led the older man to stop the bus, tell the belligerent passenger, “You’re going to jail now,” before delivering the vicious blow to Lane’s face, knocking her to the ground. She stood to fight and Hughes grabbed her neck before they were separated by passengers. They exclaimed, “She’s a female!” To which Hughes responded, “I don’t care; she want to be a man, I’m gone treat you like a man!”
See Fox News report below:
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Lane said the punch “hurt-ed” like something from the martial arts game “Mortal Kombat.”
“It was like a ‘Finish Him!’” she exclaimed before again voicing disbelief that Hughes actually struck a woman.
It’s amazing to see how a man would actually hit a woman that hard; I mean are you serious?” she said. “I mean, you could have pulled me off the bus, you can’t really touch nobody but, for real, like you really punched me?”
RTA says that Hughes has been with the company for 22 years, and they released the following statement:
Upon identifying the driver, he was immediately suspended and moved from duty. His behavior is absolutely unacceptable. RTA apologizes to our customers for this incident.
When the Fox News reporter nudged Lane to discuss the obvious, that she attacked the older man first, she stumbled before refusing to answer that question without her lawyer present.
Watch full incident below:
<br style=”clear: both;” />
- ^Caught On Camera: Bus Driver Uppercuts Belligerent Passenger (newsone.com)
- ^written statement to police (www.thesmokinggun.com)
- ^Permalink to: OMG! Missouri Couple Sue Docs For Allegedly Decapitating Baby During Childbirth (newsone.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!