- See Photos and Accomplishments of the 2013 Men of Excellence Honorees - 2013-05-13
- New procedure promises to permanently change your eye color - 2013-04-12
- Governor Snyder green lights rapid bus line - 2013-04-12
- New plan announced for Detroit public schools - 2013-04-12
- Michelle Obama takes violence in Chicago 'personal' - 2013-04-11
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 11:50 Written by News One
Reportedly, police were summoned when someone at the Supper Club called in a complaint about a patron brandishing a gun. When police officers arrived at the club, all fingers pointed to Williams as the possible suspect who had been waving a gun around.
When officers searched Williams, they did not discover a weapon on him but did discover one his vehicle.
Williams, along with two of his cohorts, were taken in to custody for questioning. The 39-year-old performer was later released, along with one of his entourage members and no charges have been filed against them. One of the men, however, remained incarcerated for charges stemming from a traffic warrant.
The weapon that was found in Williams’ vehicle was unregistered and police are trying to find its owner.
Meanwhile, Williams, who coincidentally was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport back in 2006 after a stolen gun was found in his briefcase, says that his present brush with the law is just “all a misunderstanding.”
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!