- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Tuesday, 06 November 2012 12:13 Written by News One
A Pompano Beach, Fla., firehouse is under investigation for using toilet paper that sports the image of President Barack Obama. City officials believe that the bathroom roll was the work of a disgruntled firefighter who was ordered to remove all of his anti-Obama stickers from his city-owned locker, reports Complex City Guide.
South Florida city officials did not find any humor in the crass prank, stating that there is no room for such a divisive political statement on city-owned property:
If you have an opinion, you’re certainly entitled to it. Everyone has their opinion. Put it on your own personal vehicle or your own personal things. But you don’t display it on city property, on city grounds that maybe someone else doesn’t agree with, that’s politically motivated, and it’s inappropriate, said an unidentified city official, according to Complex City.
A year ago, another firefighter was ordered to remove an anti-Obama bumper sticker from his locker and he obliged in addition to admitting the error of his ways. Meanwhile, investigators are still delving in to the case and are looking to get to the bottom of the tasteless “prank.”
- ^Complex City Guide (www.complex.com)
- ^Permalink to: Rock Your Vote And Get Freebies! (newsone.com)
- ^Steven Ivory: Barack Obama Is A Two-Term President (www.eurweb.com)
- ^Ne-Yo Reminds You To Buy His Album And Vote For Obama (www.eurweb.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!