- See Photos and Accomplishments of the 2013 Men of Excellence Honorees - 2013-05-13
- New procedure promises to permanently change your eye color - 2013-04-12
- Governor Snyder green lights rapid bus line - 2013-04-12
- New plan announced for Detroit public schools - 2013-04-12
- Michelle Obama takes violence in Chicago 'personal' - 2013-04-11
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Monday, 28 January 2013 08:00 Written by Dareh Gregorian, NY Daily News
Jovan Belcher's Long Island mother is close to taking control of her football star son’s big-bucks estate.
Belcher — the Kansas City Chiefs linebacker who killed his girlfriend and then himself during a horrific booze-fueled meltdown last month — left behind a baby daughter and a sizable fortune.
Belcher died without a will, so his mother, Cheryl Shepard of West Babylon, has asked a Missouri court for custody of baby Zoey, and to be named administrator of Belcher’s estate.
She got closer to the second goal at a Friday hearing, when a Jackson County commissioner granted her petition to become administrator, pending her obtaining a $1 million surety bond to make sure the estate is protected.
Four-month-old Zoey is believed to be living with relatives of her slain mom, Kasandra Perkins, in Texas.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Duggan Court of Appeals Decision (1)
- Medical Marijuana Illinois: Veto Session Could Make Legal Weed A Reality (1)
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)