- New procedure promises to permanently change your eye color - 2013-04-12
- Governor Snyder green lights rapid bus line - 2013-04-12
- New plan announced for Detroit public schools - 2013-04-12
- Michelle Obama takes violence in Chicago 'personal' - 2013-04-11
- Wayne County judge asks Michigan court to reject suspension recommendation - 2013-04-11
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 08:51 Written by Brittany Tom, theGrio
Photographer Eunique Jones’ photo series, ‘Because of them, we can…” , has made a splash on the Internet as a unique and creative take on the importance of Black History Month.
Her 28-photo project features more than 40 young children posing as some of the most iconic and influential black figures from the past and the present.
From Harriet Tubman to Spike Lee, the children are seen dressed and styled like the individual they are portraying and also incorporate an inspirational quote from each particular famous person.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!