- Serena Williams Wins 17th Grand Slam, 5th U.S. Open - 2013-09-09
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’ - 2013-06-19
- Serena Williams takes 16th Slam title - 2013-06-09
- Tears of a Crown: Serena Williams Loses to Up and Comer Sloane Stephens - 2013-01-24
Maria Sharapova To Serena: ‘Don’t Talk About Me…Talk About Your Married Boyfriend With Kids’ [VIDEO]
Category: Sports Published on Saturday, 22 June 2013 22:56 Written by News One
Page 1 of 2
Maria Sharapova has fired back against comments made by Serena Williams by accusing her of being a homewrecker who shouldn’t throw stones, reports the New York Post.
As previously reported by NewsOne, Williams stated in an interview with the Rolling Stone that a tennis player (presumed by the interview’s author, Stephen Rodrick, to be Sharapova), was, to paraphrase, getting on her last nerve:
“There are people who live, breathe and dress tennis. I mean, seriously, give it a rest.” Serena exits the car and the conversation moves on to a top-five player who is now in love. “She begins every interview with ‘I’m so happy. I’m so lucky’ – it’s so boring,” says Serena in a loud voice. “She’s still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And, hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it.” (An educated guess is she’s talking about Sharapova, who is now dating Grigor Dimitrov, one of Serena’s rumored exes.)
Sharapova did not take the remarks lying down.
Read more ...
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)