- Jordan: I Could Have Beaten LeBron But Not Sure With Kobe - 2013-10-02
- Lebron James Weds Longtime Girlfriend Savannah Brinson In San Diego - 2013-09-15
- Heat Force Game 7: LeBron James, Ray Allen Lead Miami To 103-100 NBA Finals Game 6 Win (VIDEO) - 2013-06-19
- The Block Heard 'Round the World: Twitter Reacts to LeBron's Swat on Splitter - 2013-06-10
- DEADLINE TODAY FOR LEBRON JAMES INTERNSHIP PROGRAM - 2013-06-04
Nike Philippines has recently announced that two-time NBA champion LeBron James will be visiting Manila, Philippines on July 23, 2013. James will visit the country for just one day, and will speak to young Filipino athletes, encouraging them "to strive for greatness and keep working hard as he did to win two consecutive championship titles."
The Philippines is full of die-hard basketball fans, as basketball is the country's most popular sport. Filipinos are super excited to hear that Lebron will be making an appearance. Free tickets for the event will be given away starting July 17th at the Nike Park in Bonifacio Global City, Metro Manila. Only two tickets will be given per person on a first-come, first-served basis.
This is Lebron's first time to visit the Philippines, but not his first visit to Asia. Last year, he did a 4-day Nike tour in Beijing, China where he spoke with thousands of fans, and even coached a local basketball game.
The Philippine Tourism Board is also excited about the news of his arrival, as they have recently launched a campaign encouraging more African Americans to take vacations in the country. A recent press release released by the Board asked, "Did you know that the Philippines has more than 7,100 islands, and that the average room at a beachfront resort is only about $55 a night?" So far, the campaign is working favorably well.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!