Ford Racing, in a partnership with The Henry Ford Museum, gave NASCAR star Carl Edwards the chance to drive Ford's very first race car, the historic 1901 Sweepstakes, driven by Henry Ford in his one and only race.
Edwards drove the car around the grounds of Greenfield Village at The Henry Ford, under the guidance of Sweepstakes Engineer Glenn Miller and the watchful eye of Henry Ford's great-grandson, Edsel B. Ford II.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)