- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Lions End Nine Game Losing Streak on Thanksgiving - 2013-12-02
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Lions’ Second Quarter Effort Not Enough - 2013-11-18
- Lions Take Sole Possession of NFC North - 2013-11-11
After the Lions loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, Cliff Avril met with the media and revealed he had not taken anything positive from the game.
“I mean we put ourselves in this mess. Luckily we have the bye week where guys can evaluate themselves and try to get on the right track,” Avril said.
He was asked how difficult the loss was, and Avril responded by saying: “It’s a team sport where the offense has to back us up, special teams have to back us up. Once we get all three phases going I think we are unstoppable.”
Avril was also asked if it was possible to take anything positive out of the game knowing that the defense played well by not giving up a touchdown. Avril said, “we lost, it doesn’t make a difference how well we played. Can’t even feel happy losing.”
The Lions are on a bye this week and will take on the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday October 14 in Philly.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)